Project and Relationship manager Direct Hire
The Global Network Services PMO provides project and program management services in building, enhancing and operating a global network infrastructure. Global Network Services drives the achievement of a number of key goals including agility, speed to market, security, and reliability. The team leads projects from inception to closure, and ensures that business goals of infrastructure build or operational improvement projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. The specific role we are looking to fill is a combination of relationship management and project management.
As the relationship manager, the candidate will manage expectations between a Business Unit and Network Services and ensure that the Network Services resources are constantly aligned to Business Unit priorities. The candidate will be responsible for managing the overall relationship with the Business Unit and communicating with key Business Unit resources, Business Unit Senior Management and the Network Services PMO.
As the project manager, the candidate will lead the planning and implementation of more than one infrastructure projects responsible for managing the project scope, schedule, budget, communications, and tasks. This role is responsible for working with Business Unit managers to ensure resources are allocated and assigned appropriately. The right candidate will be able to work independently, partner with technical team leaders, and provide input to the program manager to continually enhance the PMO processes and standards.
- Works in tandem with internal Business Unit customers, internal executive sponsors, stakeholders, technical teams and 3rd party vendors to achieve business goals by leading multiple small to medium sized network security and infrastructure projects.
- Manages the overall relationship with the Business Unit, providing appropriate communications with project teams, project stakeholders and senior management.
- Leads the development, implementation and execution of multiple (or large scale) project plans; ensures scope, schedule, and budget are established and met; defines project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Leads Business Unit & Project meetings, activities, tasks, and manages technical team members to ensure objectives are achieved within prescribed timeframe and budget. Assesses risks and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction levels.
- Works with Business Unit customers, vendors and internal team members to determine customer network requirements, and oversee timely delivery of proposed solutions.
- Provides escalation and support to Business Unit customers for network products & services to ensure operational excellence.
- Negotiates with customers, staff and vendors as required.
- Applies effective project management and control techniques as defined by the PMO.
- Recommends changes to the project approach consistent with achieving broader goals.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to project team members and others.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Solid knowledge and experience in network infrastructure & architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence others
- Bachelor’s degree in computing technology related fields (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, MIS) or equivalent work experience is required
- At least 10 years of IT experience, including 5+ years of managing IT technical projects
- PMP / CSM Certifications are plus
- Successful leadership/management experience
- Strong account relationship/management experience
- Network Security and Infrastructure technical knowledge
If interested, please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org